We are so glad that you want to help Y-WE!
Support Y-WE, help equip young women with necessary leadership skills, and make sure that our events run smoothly. We cannot do this without YOU!!
1. Preparing lunches for girls and mentors at our monthly Y-WE Lead meetings and helping with set-up and cleanup at our retreats or other events.
2. Help organize events, assist with marketing materials, and provide administrative help in our Y-WE Office in Seattle.
3. Outreach for in-kind donations of food and supplies and event sponsorship.
4. Provide transportation for youth and mentors to Y-WE events. You must have a valid driver’s license and car insurance, and you must pass a Washington State background check.
5. Help with our Ignite Dinner and/or other fundraising events.
6. Host a house party to benefit Y-WE in your home or become a Giving Circle member or donor and make Y-WE programs possible by working with your friends to raise scholarship funds. Contact our office for information: (425) 242-0187
If you have interest in one of the above areas or another idea of how you want to help, please email Adiza Ameh at email@example.com. We would be very pleased to talk to you about upcoming opportunities.
“I love volunteering with Y-WE! Seeing the girls grow and mature into confident young women is incredibly inspiring! In addition, the community of women and mentors has supported my own growth and provided me with my own role models. The inclusivity, warmth, and empowerment at Y-WE is unmatched!”
“The few times I’ve volunteered with Y-WE have been so much fun! I was welcomed with open arms and everyone (and I do mean EVERYONE) is so warm, light-hearted, and easy going. I started volunteering with Y-WE because, as Whitney Houston sings it, “I believe the children are our future…” Every single person has something to contribute to our community and I felt like empowering young women would be my niche. In actuality it was the young women of this organization that inspired me! I’m so amazed by the leaders of Y-WE and most especially the young members who continue to give me faith about our future generation.”