Disclaimer: this page contains some resources that we do not oversee ourselves, but are resources that we have found. The purpose of this page is to share as much knowledge and support as possible. If you have any questions or ideas you’d like to share, please reach out to our social worker, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Y-WE partners with other local orgs and restaurants to provide hot meals to youth and families in need. You can apply to access this here.
Grocery store gift cards
Click here to apply for this resource.
Other food resources
- List of all places supplying food at this time in Seattle city limits
- The Station Coffee Shop, located on Beacon Hill, has a community food pantry open! Come and take what you need.
- Check out @wa_bloc on Instagram for South Seattle food resources. Updated daily.
Finance & Bill Assistance
- UFCW21 resources for workers
- Puget Sound Energy, Seattle Public Utilities, and Seattle City Light will keep utility services on during the COVID-19 outbreak. Customers who have been financially impacted by COVID-19 may receive a waiver of late fees and/or deferred payment plans. Contact your utility for more information.
- Washington State Employment Security Department has programs designed to help individuals and employers impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. Learn if you are eligible for, and how to apply, for unemployment benefits.
- The Washington State Department of Financial Institutions has developed a list of financial resources for Washington consumers impacted by COVID-19, with information for managing your mortgage, rent, and personal finances.
- #DigitalEquity – Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) gives internet discount to qualifying households! The Federal government has launched a temporary program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The EBB provides a discount of up to $50 per month toward broadband service for eligible households (and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands).
- Home and mobile internet service providers offering the EBB discount in the Seattle area include Comcast (Xfinity), CenturyLink, Wave, AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, PCs for People, and Human I-T.
- For more information, click here. Add’l eligibility info here.
- RentalAssistance – King County’s Rental Assistance Program is accepting tenant registrations for tenants in King County who need rental assistance. More info here.
Other Resources & Ways to Stay Connected
- Y-WE has built a tech library for folks who may not have access to the internet or are in need of a computer. Please reach out to email@example.com if you are interested.
- In need of low-cost computer and internet basics?
- Coping with stress from COVID-19
- Youtube at-home yoga series
- Meditation app by and for Black folks
- Get involved with Y-WE’s Blackout Healing spaces.
- Attend one of Y-WE’s Accountability & Anti-Racism groups.
- Stay up-to-date with us on social media! We are always sharing events and resources as they come up. All our accounts are linked at the bottom of this page.