Let’s stay connected.
The Y-WE Alum program emerged in response to Y-WE graduates wanting to stay connected with the organization through events and programs that were specific to the challenges they were facing in their current lives such as budgeting, university support, adult peer to peer mentorship, parenthood, and more.
Through seasonal cohorts, one-on-one mentorship, gatherings, and retreats we have been able to offer diverse and impactful programming that enriches the lives of our alums who are artists, advocates, leaders, and change-makers located throughout the country.
Winter 2024 Cohort: Ancestral Reclamations
Applications are currently open! Sign up here.
All Y-WE alum are invited to sign up for this virtual six week series, facilitated by Mary Hall-Williams. If you’ve been missing the Y-WE community, we’d love to welcome you back and connect with you this winter.
In this six week series we will explore cross-cultural ancestral knowledge systems, frameworks of relationality beyond death, and connections and disconnections spanning land (diaspora/migration) and the body (DNA/memory). You can expect to connect with your embodied knowledge and family history through art and writing for greater awareness, healing, and empowerment.
February 20-March 26, 2024
Every Tuesday, 5-7:15PM PST
Week One: Community & Culture
Week Two: Complications/Disconnections
Week Three: Memory
Week Four: The Body & Spiritual Hygiene/Boundaries for Ancestor Work
Week Five: Roadmaps to Love
Week Six: The Ancestor I Will Be & Closing
Food & Stipend
Each week you will receive grub hub credits for dinner via email gift card and we are providing a small stipend per attended session to offset any cost associated with missing work, or to support childcare and other needs you may have.
A Note on Honoring Commitments
We are so excited to explore Ancestral History and Relationships with you this February and ask that you take a few moments to consider your time commitments and schedule before signing up. Some questions to support your inquiry might be:
- Does this program actually fit into my schedule?
- Can I commit to showing up weekly for the full duration of the program barring unforeseen emergencies or illness?
- Do I have a working computer or tablet (not just a cell phone), if not can I be accountable to reaching out to request one at least a week prior to the program start?
- Do I have a quiet space, free of distractions that will enable me to participate fully in this virtual program?
- Can I put the program times and zoom link into my own calendar, or set up a reminder system for myself?
- Can I plan 15 minutes to ground and transition from the distractions of my day before the program start time?
If you need additional support or have questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to the program coordinator Aya Zouhri at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Y-WE’s incredible alum:–Y-WE Team
We so look forward to seeing your brilliant selves again. Wherever life finds you now, our alum programs are about drawing on your strengths, what you’ve learned, and your vision going forward.